SEO For Search Engine Positioning
How to make every article, new page/post or piece of content on your web pages count by using SEO for better search engine positioning. When you make use of the following SEO practices in your articles and on your websites, you increase your chances of being ranked higher.
Of course you need to do proper keyword research first and find those low competition keywords and phrases that have a decent monthly search volume.
You then can use the ideas below to make sure your content is optimized for the best SERPS (search engine ranking position).
On Page Optimization for Best Rankings
On Page SEO
- Main keyword in Title (should be H1 Tag)-Usually WordPress has the Title tage set as an H1 Tag-this may vary depending on the WordPress theme you are using. You need to be sure it is a H1 tag. There can only be one H1 Tag per page
- Your keyword should be found in your URL slug. WordPress sets the URL slug based off of your Title tag when you have this option setup in your WordPress Dashboard under …Settings-> Permalinks->Postname
- Use your main keyword within the first 100 words of your content so the topic is clear immediately to search engines.
- Find LSI keywords (keywords related to your main keyword) and use these keywords scattered through your content (naturally) but preferably in your other Headings like your H2, H3 etc on your page. You can use https://lsigraph.com/ to find these related terms or other methods discussed in this training.
- You can also find synonyms for your main keywords and use a few times, naturally through your content.
- Install the YoastSEO wordpress plugin! This is essential to helping you to always optimize your webpage content.
You want to aim for as many green scores as possible by following the recommendations.
- Use a variety of multimedia like images, videos (Youtube, vimeo, dailymotion etc.), audio files etc where possible through your content to keep your visitors engaged and to increase their DWELL time and reduce BOUNCE rates (where people leave immediately)
- Keep your image sizes optimized-meaning keep the files small instead of uploading massive images. If you can reduce the files sizes by resizing images before uploading-this is BEST! This will help them to load faster.
You can also install an image compression plugin like SMUSH to compress your images to again reduce their file sizes.
- Try to name your image files using your keyword or key phrase if possible.
- Install a LAZY Loading plugin and set it to Lazy load video and images-this will help your webpages to load quicker as it loads images and video only as needed when the visitor is scrolling down your page.
- Set ALT text for your images using your keyword or key phrase to describe the image. This ALT text helps search engines to again to better determine the topic of your page. Keep your images relevant to the web page content.
- Naming image files using your keyword or key phrase can help images to be found in Google’s image directory and can also lead to traffic being referred back to your website organically.
- Use lots of white spacing between paragraphs.
- Break your long content up and make it easier to read and understand by using a variety of Headings, whitespace and bullet lists etc. This makes it easier to read for your visitors.
- Write well written, detailed and high quality articles to give the visitor what they want using various media.
- Keep your Amazon and Google Adsense ads on your web pages to a minimum unless you have higher quality or faster web hosting. Too many ads will slow down the speed at which your web pages load. It’s all about SPEED!
- Use internal links linking to other relevant articles or content on your website. This helps you to rank better as it spreads page authority or link juice around to other pages. It also helps people to discover your other information on your website and Google crawlers as well for indexing.
- External links can be a good idea as well if you want to refer to an authoritative website that discusses your page topic in greater detail or has more resources which you wish to link out to. Google often times likes this too.
- If you are using affiliate links in your articles or website (Clickbank, web hosting etc..etc) It’s recommended to find the link by going into the Code editor on your WordPress page, Find the affiliate link and add the following at the end of the link code. rel=”nofollow”
Off Page SEO
- Pick a good quality web host to host your website. Most expensive doesn’t always mean best. Do your research and read reviews etc.
We do recommend a couple good web hosts in this training that we are also affiliated with. These are by no means, the only web hosts, just a few good ones from our experience.
- Set your domain using HTTPs (SSL certificates) Many web hosts include SSL for Free with their web host plan.
HTTPs gives your web site a ranking boost. It also tells the visitors to your website that use CHROME browser that your website is secure.
Using SSL certificates is becoming a necessity today if you want more visitors and security. Google likes this!
Search Engine Positioning Becomes Easier
If you are looking to achieve higher SERPs for your new content and articles today, then you better be optimizing your web pages in a natural way using the steps above. These practices should be carried out on all new content, posts and pages for better search engine positioning.
When you have completed the proper keyword research for your new content and found low competition keywords these practices will help you to rank faster.
Of course incoming back links help you to rank even higher, and when you create high quality, detailed content and articles, back link will naturally follow.